Baptisms are normally celebrated as part of regularly scheduled weekend masses. During Lent, Baptisms are not celebrated.
Parents or guardians should contact the parish office as soon as possible and schedule a meeting with the parish priest. A Baptismal Preparation Course for parents and godparents is a prerequisite and is typically scheduled on a monthly basis - see the parish bulletin for scheduling information.
Please complete the Baptism Application Form to the parish office in advance of meeting with the parish priest.
2019 Schedule for Baptismal Preparation Courses (all start times 7:00 pm at SMGCC):
- March 6
- June 5
- September 4
- December 4
Holy Communion, Confirmation and Reconciliation
Santa Maria Goretti offers sacramental preparation for children preparing for Holy Communion, Reconciliation, and Confirmation. Courses begin in January of each year, culminating in the sacramental celebration.
2019 catechism classes have completed!
Look for enrollment information for the 2020 catechism classes to be posted in November 2019.
Pre-School Catechism classes: Pre-school registration form
Cost for registration and materials is $25.00. Please complete the form and return to the Parish Office with payment.
First Holy Communion and Reconciliation Catechism classes: First Holy Communion and Reconciliation registration form
Cost for registration and materials is $35.00. Please complete the form and return to the Parish Office with payment.
The celebration of First Holy Communion is scheduled to take place on Saturday, April 27, 2019, at the 5 pm Mass.
Confirmation Catechism classes: Confirmation registration form
Cost for registration and materials is $45.00. Please complete the form and return to the Parish Office with payment.
The celebration of Confirmation is scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 4, 2019, at the 5 pm Mass.
Couples wishing to receive the Sacrament of Marriage should contact the parish office at least six months in advance of a planned wedding date. A marriage preparation course is a prerequisite and is offered via the parish or the Archdiocese.
Each Wedding will have a total of four readings, choose one reading from each section outlined below.
- The FIRST Reading will be from the Old Testament (Selections 1-8) – choose a reader. The RESPONSORIAL PSALM is defined by the FIRST reading - choose a reader (or this can be read by the person doing the FIRST reading)
- The SECOND Reading is from the New Testament (selections 9-18) – choose a reader.
- The GOSPEL Selection (selections 19-28) - to be read by the priest.
- The PRAYER OF THE FAITHFUL (General Intercessions-often read by several people).
The pastoral ministry of the Church and its funeral rites is directed to placing the event of death in the context of our Christian faith. The funeral liturgy is a privileged moment for the family and believing community to offer worship, praise and thanks to God for the gift of the deceased, to commend the departed to the mercy of God, and to offer to the grieving the consolation that comes from the Word of God and celebration of Christ’s saving sacrifice in the sacrament of the Eucharist.
To learn more about Catholic funerals click here for more information from the Archdiocese.
Recommended readings for funerals are outlined below.
- The FIRST Reading (English): from the Old Testament (Selections 1-9) – choose a reader.
- The RESPONSORIAL PSALM (English / Italiano): – choose a reader or can be read by the person doing the FIRST reading.
- The SECOND Reading (English / Italiano): from the New Testament (selections 25-41) – choose a reader.
- The GOSPEL Selection (English / Italiano): (selections 42-64)- to be read by the priest.
- Funeral Hymns Selection (English ).